Dating tips for all men are very common, but dating tips for short men, specifically, are much less so. Being short, as a man, is a unique handicap when it comes to getting women and, although it is in almost all cases possible to overcome a deficiency in height, there are certain things that you should keep in mind if you have this problem.
Dating tips for short men include activities to avoid, women to avoid, and most importantly, ways to not allow being short to affect your own confidence and abilities with women. Below are listed the top 5 dating tips for short men that, if followed, will surely increase the likelihood a short man might have of overcoming his handicap.
5. Do not try to impress her on the basketball court. This really applies for almost any activity where your height might make you seem less masculine. In this specific case, unless you have Chris Paul’s dribbling ability and Ray Allen’s jump shot, you should probably avoid playing in front of her.
4. Don’t dance with her if she is much taller than you. This especially applies if she likes to wear high heels. There is little more amusing than watching a man wrapped around a woman who is half a foot taller than him on the dance floor. It looks completely absurd. The problem, for you, is that she will likely be aware of this, and it can easily turn into a source of embarrassment for her. Try to avoid it unless you cannot (for example, if you’re marrying her!)
3. Dress nicely, and have a good sense of style. This will project confidence with women, and will make it much more likely that they will overcome any bias’s they have against short guys and allow themselves to be attracted to you. Dressing well can also mean dressing to make yourself seem taller than you actually are (for example, by wearing skinny pants that make your legs look longer.)
2. Hit the gym. One of the main reasons that a lack of height can become an obstacle in the way of attracting women is that it simply makes you seem less manly. Short men are easily equated with children, and are more difficult to take seriously in a sexual context. One extremely effective way to get around this is by being built. A girl will undoubtedly view you as manly, and will undoubtedly feel protected if you have a lean, masculine frame, big arms, etc. “Ronnie” from MTV’s Jersey Shore can be used as a model for this piece of advice.
1. Never let your height – or lack thereof – affect your confidence. If you know you’re a great guy, a great lover, and worth giving a chance to, this will rub off on every woman you meet. While she might initially be amused at your height, and assume that you must be insecure about it, the second she realizes you are absolutely not she will be forced to take you seriously as a potential romantic partner. Just as it is much more important than having good looks in general, having confidence with women will overcome almost any deficiency in height that you might have.
Thus concludes the list of the Top 5 Dating Tips For Short Men. If you do happen to be a vertically challenged man, they should undoubtedly help to overcome this handicap and allow you to attract almost any woman you desire.